¼ cup corn oil
2 pounds chicken breast, sliced
1 cup ¼-inch julienned yellow onions
¼ cup minced lemongrass
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1½ cups lemongrass sauce (recipe below)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup ¼-inch diced green onions
2 tablespoons chopped ginger
1½ cups cilantro leaves, divided
4 cups cooked jasmine rice
1 cup sugar
1 cup water, divided
½ cup fish sauce
1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- Heat wok on high. Add corn oil.
- Cook chicken and onion until onion is just cooked through, 2–3 minutes.
- Add lemongrass and garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add lemongrass sauce and cook until chicken infuses with sauce, 1–2 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, green onion, ginger,
and 1 cup cilantro. Turn off heat.
- Serve over rice and garnish with remaining cilantro leaves.
- Combine sugar and ½ cup water in saucepot. Heat on medium high and caramelize until amber.
- Lower heat to medium and slowly add fish sauce while stirring (be careful, it may splatter).
- Add curry powder and remaining ½ cup water. Stir well. Allow to cool before using.
- from Chef Braden Wages of Malai Kitchen Dallas, TX