8 ounces Evan Williams Black Label Bourbon
4 ounces Donn’s Spices (equal parts vanilla syrup (recipe follows) and allspice dram)
3 ounces lemon juice
4 ounces blueberry syrup (recipe follows)
6 ounces club soda
6 lemon wheels for garnish
2½ cups blueberries
½ cup water
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoons apple cider or champagne vinegar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup water
1 vanilla bean
Combine all ingredients except club soda in punch bowl. Stir. Add large block of ice and soda water.
- In large saucepan over medium heat, add blueberries, water, and sugar. Crush blueberries and bring to boil. Lower heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Strain syrup through sieve, and return to saucepan. Add vinegar and simmer for 2 minutes. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Combine sugar and water in small saucepan over medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, add vanilla bean and let cool to room temperature.
- Strain into clean glass jar (you may leave the vanilla bean in syrup for a more potent vanilla flavor), cover, and keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- From The Cocktail Club in Charleston, South Carolina