Toast the coriander, turmeric, cardamom, and cumin in 350-degree oven for 30 seconds. Grind toasted spices. Add in grated cinnamon. If you can’t get whole spices you can use previously ground spices.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl add sorghum, cider vinegar, and salt. Slowly add 1¾ cups olive oil while whisking until you reach desired consistency. Taste for seasoning and set aside.
- Cut the pumpkin in half and scoop out all the seeds. Rinse seeds, removing pulp and residual pumpkin. Boil seeds for 5−7 minutes. Dry and cool.
- Toss together with spice mixture and toast in a 300-degree oven for about 10−15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Using a sharp knife, take the skin off pumpkin, removing any unripe parts, usually denoted by green color.
- Cut the pumpkin into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add ¼ cup oil and 1 teaspoon butter. Add onion, garlic, and chilies, and sweat for three minutes or until tender. Add pumpkin to the pan and toss to incorporate. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the pan in a 400-degree oven and toast until pumpkin is tender, about five minutes.
- Serve pumpkin on a plate, drizzle with the vinaigrette, and garnish with the toasted pumpkin seeds and curry leaves.