2 (9-inch) deep-dish pie crusts
1 cup sugar
1 cup light Karo corn syrup
2 sticks butter
8 ounces chocolate chips, divided
2 teaspoons vanilla
1½ cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauce pan over medium-low heat, melt first four ingredients and 4 ounces chocolate chips.
- Remove from heat and let mixture cool, then add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Line the bottom of each pie crust with ¾ cup walnuts and 2 ounces chocolate chips. Pour melted mixture over top.
- Bake pies for 45 minutes, or until set. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- From Sissy Hassy of Sea View Inn, Pawleys Island, South Carolina