4 cups rich bread such as brioche or croissants
12 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 teaspoon orange zest
3 tablespoons cornstarch
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
- Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes.
- Drizzle the butter over the bread and stir to coat.
- Combine 1 cup sugar with cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and flour. Stir into bread and butter.
- Combine rhubarb with orange zest, cornstarch, brown sugar and sugar.
- Combine bread mixture with fruit. Pour into an 8×12 baking dish and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown at 350°.
- from Chef Christina Oxford, The Local Palate Kitchen, Charleston, SC