- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and olive oil and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Place rosemary sprigs on roasting rack and place chicken on top. Place in oven and roast for 1 hour, or until juices run clear. Remove from oven and let rest before carving.
- To brown butter, place butter in small saucepan over medium heat and cook until butter foams. Scrape bottom to release brown bits.
- To serve, spoon squash purée onto center of plate. Place vegetables on top of purée and then add chicken. Garnish with crispy sage and drizzle with brown butter.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, add spices and mix to combine. In a large bowl, toss vegetables with olive oil to coat, then add spice mixture and toss again to coat. Pour vegetables onto a sheet pan and place in oven. Roast until tender and golden brown.
- To a stockpot over medium heat, add squash and sauté until caramelized, 5 minutes. Add shallots and thyme and continue to cook for 8 minutes to further caramelize. Add enough stock or water to cover and cook until tender.
- Remove thyme, then pour squash into blender and purée for 1 minute. Drizzle olive oil into blender to emulsify and continue to blend until smooth. Reserve.