12 – 16 servings
1 ¼ cups flour
1 ¾ teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
4 ounces butter, cut into small pieces
5 tablespoons ice water
1 egg Apricrot glaze or jam
2 large peaches, cut into ½-inch slices
1 cup blueberries
¼ cup sliced almonds
Homemade or good-quality vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a food processor, blend flour, sugar, and salt.
- Pulse in the butter. Slowly add water, one tablespoon at a time, until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. (Be careful not to over work the dough.)
- Roll the dough into a ball. If it feels too wet, dust it with a bit of flour. Cover it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place the peaches, blueberries, and almonds in a bowl, and gently fold together.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. On a floured surface, roll out the dough about 10 inches.
- Place on dough on a half-sheet pan covered with cooking spray.Flake little bits of almond paste onto the dough.
- Mound the fruit in the middle of the dough. Fold the edges into the center.
- Beat egg with 2-3 tablespoons water, then brush dough with egg wash. (For a nice touch, sprinkle sugar around dough rim and on exposed fruit.)
- Bake at 425 degrees, until crisp and golden, approximately 15 minutes.
- Once removed from oven, brush dough with melted apricot glaze/ jam for additional flavor and shine. Let cool and cut into wedges. Serve with ice cream.
- from Chef Phillips of The Hutton Hotel, Nashville TN