Serves 4 to 6
2 ounces cream cheese, whipped smooth
½ cup sour cream
2 tablespoons chopped dill
Zest and juice of ¼ lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
For the red wine vinaigrette:
½ cup olive oil
½ cup canola oil
¾ cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon djion mustard
1½ teaspoons diced shallot
For the salad:
1 cup trimmed and halved green beans
2 cups marble potatoes
4 crushed garlic cloves
Olive oil , Salt and pepper to taste
4-6 cups frisée
4 shallots, thinly sliced
Chopped fresh herbs, such as cilantro, mint, and parsley
4 tablespoons dill crème
16-24 slices smoked salmon pastrami
½ cup tablespoons niçoise olives, halved
4-6 hard-boiled eggs, cut into thirds
Garnish: Dill sprigs
For the dill crème:
- Make the dill crème: In a bowl, fold all ingredients together. Set aside.
- Make the red wine vinaigrette: In a bowl, whisk all ingredients together. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad: Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare an ice bath. Blanch green beans for 1 to 2 minutes, then transfer to ice bath. Once completely cooled, drain and pat dry.
- To the same pot of boiling water, add potatoes and crushed garlic. Boil until potatoes are soft. Transfer potatoes and green beans to a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss frisée, shallots, and herbs with vinaigrette.
- Spread dill crème onto a serving platter or individual plates and top with salmon, olives, green beans, potatoes, and frisée mix. Sprinkle egg with salt and pepper to taste and arrange on salad. Garnish with dill.
From June’s All the Way.
- Recipe from June's All Day, Austin