- For lemon grits, combine cream and chicken stock in a pot and gently bring to a boil, then carefully whisk in grits.Continue cooking grits on low heat, stirring to prevent sticking and scorching. Once grits are cooked through, add lemon zest and then season to taste with salt and ground pepper.
- For soft shell crabs, cook crabs in batches, discarding butter after each batch is cooked and starting with fresh butter for the next batch. Heat 4 tablespoons butter until slightly brown over medium-high heat.
- Cook 2 crabs at a time in the pan, top side down first, sautéing in butter until shell is golden-red and crisp. Carefully flip and cook the bottom the same way. Each side should only take a couple of minutes.
- While crabs are cooking, toss dandelion greens, mint, parsley, and shallots in a bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, then toss in lemon juice and olive oil to coat.
- To plate, spoon hot grits in the bottom of a bowl or onto a plate. Place hot crabs on top of grits, slightly overlapping each other, with some of the grits still exposed. Top crabs with salad.