1 tablespoon olive oil
1 shallot julienned
6 squash blossoms stems removed and cut into thin strips
2 farm eggs
¼ cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Pinch salt and freshly cracked pepper
2 cups raw field peas
1 strip smoked bacon
4 cups water,1 teaspoon salt
½ jalapeño split from top to bottom
1 cup loosely packed mixed herbs
picked whole or barely cut
Note: We like flat-leaf parsley, mint, basil, sorrel and chive, but use whatever is local
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In nonstick, ovenproof pan over medium heat, add olive oil and gently sauté shallot until soft.
- Add squash blossoms and sauté 30 seconds.
- Gently whisk eggs with cream. Add to pan, moving pan to form even layer. Add cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Place pan in oven and cook.
- Place all ingredients in small pot and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer and cook until peas are tender.
- Sauté ½ cup field peas in olive oil. Gently toss field peas with herbs and place in center of frittata. Drizzle entire plate with highest-quality olive oil.
- from Chef Chris Rainosek of The Noble South, Mobile, AL