Serves a Party
2 gallons sorbet
10 pints assorted berries (blueberries, blackberries, cherries, strawberries… whatever you like)
1 12-pound seedless watermelon
1 bottle limoncello
1 bottle spiced rum
- Being very careful, carve out most of the watermelon’s meat (we like to use it later for watermelon sangria—waste not, want not!).
- Place melon on large platter and pack hollowed-out bottom with shaved ice, then line with foil.
- Pack in sorbet, then cover top with berries, cascading them down to platter for a pretty presentation.
- Serve immediately with bottles of limoncello and rum in an ice bucket on the side.
- from Chef Tory McPhail of Commander's Palace, New Orleans, Louisiana