1 bunch green grapes, de-stemmed
1 honeydew melon, cubed
2 cups tomatillos, husks removed and quartered
3 cucumbers, peeled and de-seeded
1 small jalapeño, chopped (taste for spice level, adjusting accordingly)
2 cups shelled pistachios, toasted
1 medium shallot, peeled and chopped
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons buttermilk
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon minced garlic
8 shrimp (1 per guest)
1 tablespoon hot sauce
- To make verde gazpacho, purée grapes, honeydew, tomatillos, cucumbers, jalapeño, pistachios, and shallot in blender. Chill until ready to serve. Can keep up to 4 days in refrigerator.
- Make crème fraîche by stirring together heavy cream and buttermilk. Place in glass container and let stand 12 hours at room temperature, or until thick.
- Make spicy shrimp by heating sauté pan over high heat for 1 minute. Add butter, minced garlic, shrimp, and hot sauce. Turn heat down to low and cook until sauce thickens.
- Serve gazpacho chilled, topped with dollop of crème fraîche and 1 spicy shrimp.
- Chef Kurtis Schumm of Tybee Island Fish Camp