Four cups mix
2 cups tomatillos, sliced into wedges
2 cups sliced heirloom yellow tomatoes
1 jalapeño, seeded and sliced
¼ cup cilantro leaves
¼ cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, smashed or pressed
1 pinch celery salt
2 wedges of lime
Vodka of choice
Garnish of choice (think green onions as straws, olives, cherry tomatoes, pickled okra, and fresh cilantro)
- In a blender with fine purée setting, combine first six ingredients. Purée until liquefied.
- Fill your glass with ice. Add your favorite vodka. Our preferred ratio is 4-to-1 tomato mix to vodka.
- Add celery salt and squeeze lime wedges into drink.
- Stir and finish with garnishes
- Melanie Glueck of Red Fish Grill, New Orleans