A hearty addition to your thanksgiving feast, The Local Palate recipe for wild rice with cranberries and pecans to bring all the flavors of the holiday to your table.
2¾ cups chicken stock
1½ cups wild rice
3 tablespoons butter, divided
¼ cup minced shallots
⅔ cup chopped pecans, toasted
⅓ cup dried cranberries
Zest of 1 lemon
½ cup chopped parsley
1½ tablespoons chopped rosemary,Salt and pepper
- Pour chicken stock, rice, and 1 tablespoon butter into medium pot and bring to boil over medium heat. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 45 minutes, then remove from heat and let sit 10 minutes with lid on.
- Heat sauté pan over medium heat. Add remaining butter and then shallots. Cook until shallots are translucent.
- Add rice to pan and toss to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
- Season to taste and serve warm.
- Photo by Andrew Cebulka