For Pickled Chilies
- Heat the vinegars, sugar, and salt to a rolling boil. Pour over chilies and onions. Allow to sit at room temperature for a few hours or overnight. You will have some chilies left over to use for another purpose.
For Pickled Pepper Mayonnaise
- Combine above ingredients. The mayonnaise should be bright, spicy, and a little sweet. It should also be pourable.
- Combine all the ingredients and allow to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Heat a deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- Combine cornmeal and flour in a large bowl. Remove oysters from their liquor and completely coat in the flour mixture. Toss the oysters around so they are totally covered.
- Fry oysters, in batches if necessary, until they are lightly golden brown and crispy, about 2–3 minutes. Remove to a towel-lined tray and season with salt and black pepper.
- On a large platter, cover the bottom with the cucumber mixture, then place the hot fried oysters on top. Drizzle a good amount of the mayonnaise on top and serve.