- For Brussels sprouts, remove leaves from sprouts, saving only the bright green or green-yellow leaves.
- In a pan over high heat, heat canola oil and then add Brussels sprout leaves. Sauté vigorously, ensuring even cooking.
- When leaves begin to crisp on edges, add pumpkinseed oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- For squash, in a pan over medium-high heat, add 1 teaspoon of canola oil and squash pieces. Shake the pan occasionally to sear all sides of squash cubes. When evenly browned, add molasses to the pan and stir until coated evenly.
- Add the chicken stock, butter, and additional seasonings and stir to combine. Add sherry vinegar and cook on medium heat until the squash is fork-tender and a glaze has formed in the pan. Season to taste with salt.
- Remove to serving plate and garnish with crispy Brussels sprout leaves.