To make Péché’s Mornay Gruyère Sauce
- To make roux, melt butter in pan over low heat. Add flour and stir.
- In a separate pot, pour in heavy cream and milk. Bring to a boil, and turn down heat.
- Add roux to cream mixture and continue stirring.
- Cook roux for an additional 5 minutes. Add cheeses, salt, and pepper.
- Pass through a fine chinoise.
- Add freshly grated nutmeg.
- Cover with plastic wrap touching the surface of the mornay, so it does not develop a skin.
Assembling Croque Madame
- Toast one thick slice of brioche bread.
- Layer pan seared tasso ham on top of bread.
- Pour desired amount of Péché’s Mornay Gruyère Sauce on top of ham.
- Add one sunny side up egg on top.