- To make vinaigrette, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine tea, lemon juice, and mint. Cook until just reduced by half, 5-10 minutes. Strain mixture into a bowl and stir in honey. Set aside.
- Check crab for shells, taking care not to break chunks up too much, and place in a bowl. Add watermelon and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk lime with oil and salt and pepper. Toss crab/watermelon mixture with lime/oil mixture carefully, just to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put flour in a shallow dish and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch-thick slices and season both sides with salt and pepper. Place sliced tomatoes in a bowl and cover with buttermilk. Remove tomatoes from buttermilk, season with salt and pepper, and dredge in seasoned flour. Repeat the process for all tomato slices and set aside on a plate.
- Fill a large cast iron skillet with vegetable oil to a depth of 2 inches and heat to 350 degrees. When oil is hot, in batches if necessary, carefully slide coated tomatoes into oil and fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Drain tomatoes on a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Place 3 slices of fried green tomato on each place. Top with watermelon and crab meat. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Garnish with chives.