- For pickles, toss cucumbers and onions in a bowl with salt.
- Take a second bowl, fill with ice, and place over the cucumbers and onion and let it stand for 6−12 hours.
- For brine, combine all ingredients, bring to a boil, and pour directly over cucumber and onion.
- Allow to cool slightly and place in refrigerator for at least one day (and up to two weeks).
- For deviled egg sauce, combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until very smooth. Add a little buttermilk if it needs help getting going.
- For breading, combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk lightly.
- To assemble, heat vegetable oil in a large deep skillet to 350 degrees.
- Dredge shucked oysters in breading and coat well. Shake off excess and fry until golden. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Place small dollops of sauce on plate, top sauce with oysters, and garnish with pickles.