- To marinate steak, combine all marinade ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Pour over the meat and marinate for at least 6 hours.
- To make pickles, in a medium saucepot set over high heat add Coca-Cola, soy, and sambal. Reduce by ⅔. Remove from heat and add lime juice and vinegar. Pour over the onions and let marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Break apart lettuce, making sure to keep the leaves whole. Reserve for later.
- Over a medium-high fire, grill beef until desired doneness. Allow to rest for 10 minutes and then slice into thin strips.
- Serve by wrapping lettuce around beef and garnish with pickled onions.