5 tablespoons greek yogurt
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
2 teaspoons orange zest
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon canola oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 pounds broccoli
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup thinly sliced celery
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- For dressing, combine yogurt, orange juice, zest, honey, and vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk in oil. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper; set aside.
- Cut broccoli into small florets, trimming off and discarding woody parts of stalks. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the outer ⅛ inch from each stalk. Cut stalks in half lengthwise, then into bite-size pieces. You should have about 4 cups broccoli.
- Fill a large stockpot with about 2 inches of water and add salt. Bring to a simmer. Add broccoli, replace lid, and steam for about 6 minutes, tossing once, or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- While broccoli is cooking, prepare a large bowl of ice water. Using tongs, plunge cooked broccoli into ice water to cool. Drain and set aside.
- Transfer broccoli to a large mixing bowl. Add celery and cranberries and toss with enough dressing to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
Recipe ByGena Knox, author and owner of Fire & Flavor Grilling Co., Athens, Georgia