- Bring water and powdered sugar to a boil in a large pot. Blanch rice in the water for 5 mintues, and drain.
- Combine rice, sugar, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean and milk, and bring to simmer in a large pot. Once it reaches a simmer, turn the heat down to low/medium. Stirring often, cook until mixture becomes soupy, slightly thick, and the rice is tender, approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and quickly stir in the egg yolks with a spoon. Transfer to a bowl or baking dish, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until cool or overnight.
- For the salad, combine all of the ingredients and let marinate for 20 minutes.
- To serve, spoon the pudding onto plates and garnish with the orange salad.