- Make the steaks: In a medium mixing bowl, combine 1 cup olive oil, chile paste, garlic, fish sauce, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper and whisk vigorously. Add strip steaks to bowl, and marinate 45 minutes to an hour. Remove steaks from marinade, and season with salt and pepper. In a dry cast-iron skillet over high heat, add steaks and sear on all sides, and cook to desired temperature. As a rule of thumb when cooking red meat, take steaks off the heat 1 temperature under desired temperature. (If medium is desired, then take off at medium rare.) When done, let steaks rest for 15 minutes.
- Make the succotash: In a medium sauté pan on medium-low heat, coat pan with vegetable oil and sweat red onion, garlic, and red pepper until onions are soft and translucent. Turn heat up to medium-high, and add butterbeans, boiled peanuts, and thyme. Add stock and simmer for about 5 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper. To finish, slowly mix in butter until it comes together and no standing broth is present. Take off heat and set aside.
- Make the cucumber-avocado relish: Preheat grill to medium. In a small mixing bowl, combine ¼ cup olive oil, rice wine vinegar, and avocado, and gently toss to coat avocado. Season with salt and pepper. Place avocado on grill (a cast-iron skillet works in a pinch too), and grill avocado slices on both sides to get a little color or grill marks. Set aside to cool.
- Quarter English cucumber and slice into ¼-inch pieces. Place in mixing bowl. When avocado has cooled, remove from skin and rough chop into ½-inch chunks, and add to bowl with cucumber. Add lime zest and juice, shallot, cilantro, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place succotash in center of a large plate. Slice steaks and place 6 to 8 pieces on top of succotash. Spoon relish over top and drizzle with olive oil.