4 ounces Shiitake mushroom, stems removed, cut into strips
2 teaspoons olive oil,Freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 ounces arugula or other soft green like spinach or beet greens
5 local hen eggs
1 tablespoon Tamari soy sauce or nama shoyu
1 teaspoon “Wizard’s hot stuff” or sriracha or other hot sauce
2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sauté mushrooms in olive oil with pepper until soft. Add greens and allow to wilt in the pan. Reserve.
- Crack eggs into a bowl with tamari and hot sauce. Whip eggs well to make a froth or use a blender to incorporate a lot of air into the eggs.
- Heat a 9-inch skillet with a heat-proof handle over high heat for 2 minutes until very hot. Add oil, coat the bottom of the pan with oil, immediately pour in the eggs, and allow to “set.” Do not stir. Reduce heat to medium. Allow eggs to cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the sautéed mushrooms and greens to the eggs, then place the entire pan in the oven. Allow to bake for 12−15 minutes until the center of the frittata no longer jiggles. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
- from Chef Ken Immer