- Place 4−6 mint leaves in the bottom of a julep glass.
- Add the jalapeño simple syrup and gently bruise the leaves, preferably with a wooden muddler.
- Add the crushed ice to fill the cup almost ⅔ of the way.
- Add the bourbon and stir gently.
- Fill the cup fully with more crushed ice and top with a splash of club soda.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and a slice of fresh jalapeño pepper. Serve immediately
Jalapeño Simple Syrup
- In a small pot, combine the water, sugar, and peppers. Bring to a boil and immediately turn off the heat. Let steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain out the solids, allow to cool, and keep refrigerated in an airtight container.