Bourbon Candied Ginger
- In a saucepan on high, add water, bourbon, and 2 cups sugar, then bring to a boil.
- Add ginger and reduce heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer ginger to a drying rack.
- Let dry for one hour and then roll in remaining ¼ cup sugar. Store in airtight container.
- In a cast iron skillet on medium, heat olive oil.
- Add onions, shallots, scallions, and garlic and cook until caramelized, about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add sugar and butter and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to food processor and puree for 10 seconds, or until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until fully incorporated, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill overnight. Serve with high-quality sweet potato chips, seasonal vegetables, or both.