- Melt the butter in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 3–5 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the cayenne, black pepper, salt, and Worcestershire, stirring to incorporate. Cook for 6–8 minutes, then stir in barbecue sauces and all of the smoked meat, making sure all meat is evenly coated. Partially cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Uncover and add crushed tomatoes and broth. Increase heat to high and bring just to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped tomatoes, corn, butter beans, and hot sauce. Cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until thick enough for a spoon to stand in.
- Add broth as needed to desired consistency and serve hot, preferably with corn bread. If storing, cool completely before refrigerating. Will keep up to 5 days.
*Order from southernsoulbbq.com
**If you need help with the meat, talk to your local butcher or favorite barbeque place; they can hook you up.