- For cannoli dough, combine flour and sugar in a bowl. Knead butter into flour/sugar mixture with a pastry cutter or two forks until butter is pea-sized.
- Make a mound of this mixture and create a well in the center. Pour eggs and Marsala into well and slowly incorporate liquid into flour using a fork. When well incorporated, knead dough until it is uniform. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- In a deep pot, heat vegetable oil to 150 degrees.
- Roll cannoli dough out on a lightly floured surface, to about 1/8 inch thick. Cut dough into rounds, using a 5-inch round cutter.
- Wrap dough rounds around cannoli rings (Note: cannoli rings can be purchased in sets from sites like Amazon or at kitchen stores). Seal edges with a bit of water, if needed. Drop in vegetable oil for three minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain shells on paper towels until completely cool.
- For filling, toast pistachios in a dry skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant. Once toasted, remove from pan, cool, and chop. Mix in chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a food processor, add ricotta cheese, sugar, and salt and pulse. Transfer cheese mixture to a large mixing bowl and fold in nuts and chocolate. Transfer filling to a piping bag and pipe into shells.