- Julienne okra lengthwise into thin strips, about the size of shoestring fries.
- Heat oil in a medium-size stockpot; oil should reach about two-thirds up the side of the pot.
- When oil reaches 350 degrees (use a kitchen thermometer), drop small batches of the julienned okra into the hot oil. Do not crowd okra as it will cook unevenly; cook approximately 2 cups of okra per batch.
- Fry for 2–3 minutes, until lightly brown, using tongs to gently turn okra over for even cooking.
- Remove with a slotted spoon or skimmer onto a paper towel to absorb the oil. Okra should be crispy but not dark or burnt.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over okra lightly—just enough to flavor it—add a pinch of sea salt, and toss in bowl. Enjoy hot!