- Rinse ribs and place in baking pan.
- Pour brine over ribs until fully submerged then cover pan with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Place in refrigerator for 18 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Remove ribs from brine and pat dry. Place ribs in fresh baking dish and cover with rendered pork fat. Place in oven and roast for 4 hours.
- Remove ribs from pan and drain.
- Pour 1 inch of oil into large pot over medium heat. Bring oil to 350 degrees then fry ribs approximately 3 to 4 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove ribs form pot and toss in Char Siu Sauce to coat then serve.
Char Siu Pork Rib Brine
Combine ingredients in large non-reactive container. Stir until salt and sugar have dissolved.
Char Siu Sauce
Mix together all ingredients in large bowl.