- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pierce tart shell all over with a fork and fill with pie weights (or rice). Par-bake tart crust for 10- 15 minutes. Remove from oven, remove weights and set aside.
- Combine yolks, cream, vanilla, and sugar in a blender. Purée until smooth (this step will make for a lighter custard).
- Pour into the par-cooked tart shell.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the custard has set up, like a crème brûlée.
- Let rest until cool before serving. Note: You can optionally sugar and torch the top like you would a crème brûlée. Slice pie before torching top.