- For celery root, place celery root and thyme in medium pot and cover with heavy cream. Bring to simmer. Cook until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Strain celery root through sieve, reserving cream. Place cooked celery root in blender with garlic cloves and purée until smooth, adding heavy cream as needed—about 2 cups. Stir in butter and season to taste. Pass celery root purée through a tamis sieve and reserve.
- For carrots, bring medium pot of water to boil and season with salt to taste like the ocean. While water is heating up, prepare an ice water bath. Blanch carrots until tender, about 2 minutes. Place directly into ice water bath until chilled through. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- For bison, prepare wood fire to grill over or preheat grill to high heat. Brush bison with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for about 4 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 2–3 minutes, or until cooked to a medium-rare temperature. Remove from grill and allow to rest for 4–5 minutes.
- To serve, in a large cast-iron pan, heat oil over medium-high heat and add carrots to pan. Cook until browned, then add butter and season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel-lined plate.
- In 4 large plates or bowls, place large tablespoon of celery root purée. Place carrots on top. Slice bison steaks in half and season lightly with good sea salt. Place on top of carrots. Drizzle olive oil around plates and serve immediately.