- Render bacon in pan on low heat until browned and remove meat.
- In remaining fat, sear chicken quarters until brown over medium heat. Remove meat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, parsnip, rutabaga, tomato, and garlic and lightly brown over medium heat for about 1 minutes.
- Add chicken, peas, stock, garni, salt, pepper, and soy. Bring to boil.
- Cover and place in 350-degree oven for about 10 minutes. Remove breasts as they should be done depending on size.
- Place back in oven and cook for about an hour or until beans are done.
- Remove legs and shred meat. Slice breasts and add both meats to cassoulet.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with the grilled bacon from Step 1.