- Prepare brown roux; reserve until needed.
- In a heavy bottomed pot at medium high heat add grapeseed oil, garlic, green and red bell peppers, celery and onion; sauté 3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Add Creole seasoning, sassafrass and mix well. At this point, add tomatoes, bay leaves and sliced okra.
- Pour in reserved stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add roux ¼ of cup at a time whisking vigorously until roux is incorporated. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 to 45 minutes constantly skimming the scum.
- Stir in smoked shrimp, hot sauce, Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- Serve with white rice and green onions.