For the Spring Onion Pickles
- Combine all ingredients except the onion rings in 1-quart saucepan. Bring the mixture to boil then reduce heat and cook until well incorporated.
- Take liquid off heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place onion rings into non-reactive bowl then pour over pickling liquid and refrigerate until cool. Note: Do not discard the pickling liquid (it will be used as part of the dressing).
For the Chimichurri
- Combine all ingredients, excepting the olive oil and salt and pepper, in a blender.
- Next, while blending, slowly add oil until desired consistency is reached.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In mixing bowl mix your greens and veggies together.
- Just before serving add few pickled spring onions and bit of pickling liquid to dress.
- Finish salad with chimichurri and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place heaping serving of greens on plate and add protein if desired on top.