- PEEL TO PREP. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel and core pears, then slice into ¼ inch slices. Be sure to remove tough interior part of stem connecting core to top of pear.
- FINESSE THE FILLING. Combine sugars, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, and fresh ginger and pour over pears. Mix until all pears are coated with sugar mixture. Reserve.
- TOPPING TIME. Stir together all ingredients except butter. Cut butter into cubes, then cut into dry ingredients. Combine until topping comes together to form large, moist crumbs.
- FILL’ER UP. Butter or spray a 9×13-inch baking pan, then pour pears into pan, distributing evenly.
- TOP IT OFF. Scatter topping evenly over pear mixture then place in oven.
- BAKE’N’ENJOY. Bake for 50 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.