- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 15×10×2-inch Pyrex pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat the egg whites on low speed until soft peaks form. Add the sugar gradually with the mixer running and bring to stiff peaks. Add the egg yolks 1 at a time, beating well after the addition of each.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and add to the egg mixture, alternating with the milk. (Do this quickly so the batter does not lose volume.)
- Add the vanilla. Bake until golden, 25 minutes.
For Cream Topping
- In a blender, combine the evaporated milk, condensed milk, and heavy cream. Blend on high speed.
- Remove the cake from the oven. While the cake is still warm, pour the cream mixture over it. Let sit and cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight.