- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (or 325 degrees for metal pie pan).
- In a small sauce pan melt butter. Beat eggs till smooth, add granulated sugar, light corn syrup, and vanilla extract and whisk until incorporated. Once incorporated, whisk in butter. Continue to whisk for about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour half of the liquid mixture into the pie dough and evenly distribute pecan halves. Pour remaining liquid mixture in the shell and make sure pecans are evenly spread out.
- Place pie on middle shelf in oven and rotate 180 degrees every 40 minutes, until crust is dark golden and pie no longer waves when shaken, but still has a slight wiggle in the center, approximately one hour and 20 minutes (or if using metal pan, 50-70 minutes).
- Let the pie cool to room temperature (about 2 hours) to set, and serve.