1. The day before making the punch, prepare an ice block by filling a large bowl or bundt pan with water and freezing overnight.
2. Combine all ingredients except garnish in a punch bowl, starting with the lemon oleo and stirring the remaining ingredients into it. Unmold ice block and place in punch bowl. Fan apple slices over ice block and scatter with star anise. Grate a cinnamon stick over apple slices, then break up and scatter remaining cinnamon sticks in bowl. To serve, ladle into punch glasses.
8 lemons, washed
1 cup demerara sugar
1. Peel lemons and place peels in a lidded container; set aside. Juice lemons and refrigerate juice until ready to make the punch.
2. To the container of peels, add sugar and muddle. Cover and set aside overnight. When ready to make the punch, strain sugar-syrup and discard peels.
Salted Butter Angel’s Envy Bourbon
1 (750-milliliter bottle) Angel’s Envy port-barrel finished bourbon
2 tablespoons salted butter
1. In a saucepan, bring bourbon and butter to low simmer until butter is melted. Transfer to a container and refrigerate until butter fat has solidified at the top. Carefully strain bourbon through a coffee filter and discard solids. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Masala Chai Tea Syrup
2¼ cups filtered water
6 masala chai tea sachets (Rishi)
2 cups demerara sugar
In a saucepan, heat water. Add tea bags, remove from heat, and steep. Once tea is brewed, return to heat and dissolve demerara sugar into tea. Refrigerate until ready to use.