Jagermeister Ice Cream
- Place heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, star anise, and ginger in sauce-pan. Bring mixture to boil, whisking until sugar has dissolved and mixture starts to simmer. Meanwhile, place egg yolks in mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Once cream mixture starts to simmer, remove from heat. Whisking constantly, gently pour hot cream mixture into bowl with egg yolks.
- Return mixture to saucepan and gently cook until slightly thickened; mixture should coat back of a spoon. Once thickened, remove from heat and strain into clean mixing bowl. Place bowl over another bowl of ice and let cook to room temperature.
- Once mixture reaches room temperature, whisk in Jagermeister. Place in ice cream machine and use according to manufacturer’s instructions. Place ice cream in clean container and freeze until hard.
Chocolate Chip Whipped Cream
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whip heavy cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks begin to form.
- While cream is whipping, place dark chocolate in microwave-safe bowl and microwave thirty seconds. Remove and stir chocolate, then continue melting in microwave at fifteen-second intervals until chocolate is fluid and warm.
- Continue whipping cream until mixture comes to medium-stiff peaks. Pour melted dark chocolate into cream and whip fifteen seconds more. Place whipped cream into clean airtight container adn place in refrigerator until needed.
- Scoop ice cream into pint glass. Gently pour root beer into glass, being careful not to overflow.
- Once root beer has settled, place dollop of Chocolate Chip Whipped Cream on top and serve.