Serves 6 to 8
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ pound fresh peas
½ pound sugar snap peas
½ pound snow peas
1 pound asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
2 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare an ice bath.
- Blanch peas and asparagus in boiling water for 1 minute, then drain and shock in ice bath.
- Drain, then toss peas and asparagus with tarragon, feta, and dressing.
- Adjust salt to taste and garnish with red onions.
Recipe ByNico Romo of NICO in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina