- Cut chicken into breasts, thighs, drumsticks, and wings, or as you prefer.
- Soak chicken in salt water overnight. Rinse, and dry.
- Put large cast iron skillet on medium to medium-high heat. Add ¼ cup peanut oil, and heat until slightly smoking.
- Dip chicken pieces in buttermilk, and then dredge in seasoned flour. Shake off excess.
- Add to pan, skin side down. Pan fry until golden and begins to brown, then turn. Repeat process on other side. Reduce heat to medium-low to medium, turn back on skin side, cover, and cook for 20-25 minutes or until chicken begins to plump. Remove cover, raise heat slightly, and crisp on both sides to golden brown, being careful not to burn throughout process.