Bacon and chocolate pair very well. Phillip Ashley Rix of Phillip Ashley Chocolates in Memphis, Tennessee sells both chocolate-dipped bacon and folds bacon bits into chocolate chip cookies.
4 dozen cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lay bacon strips in single layer. Place baking sheet on rack in bottom third of oven and cook 20 to 30 minutes, until bacon is crisp. Place on paper towels to drain. Allow to cool, coarsely chop, and set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter with both sugars on medium until creamy. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, mixing on low until incorporated.
- Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and bacon.
- Drop batter by tablespoons onto parchment-lined cookie sheets, about 3 inches apart. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then transfer with a spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
- from Phillip Ashley Rix of Phillip Ashley Chocolates, Memphis, Tennessee