For the banana bread:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Sift together dry ingredients.
- Place bananas and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment and mix until combined. Add eggs and mix until incorporated, then add oil. Add dry ingredients to mixer, and mix until a batter forms. Be careful not to overmix. Pour batter into buttered loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
For the macadamia ice cream:
- Combine chopped and toasted nuts, milk, cream, and ¾ cup of the sugar in a saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, add egg yolks and remaining ¼ cup sugar and whisk to combine.
- Temper egg yolks by removing pan of hot cream mixture from the heat. While whisking, pour a third of the mixture into egg yolks, then slowly pour egg mixture into pan of hot milk while continuing to whisk. Return pan to heat and continue to whisk until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Strain ice cream base through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl and cool over an ice bath, whisking occasionally.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions.
For the goat’s milk dulce de leche:
- Place all ingredients in a heavy bottomed non-reactive pot over medium heat. Whisk to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Stir often, until mixture becomes thick and golden in color. Cool and reserve.