- To make blonde roux, sweat shallot, garlic, and prepared horseradish in ⅓ of the butter. Once sweating is complete, add remainder of butter. Once melted, add flour.
- After roux has cooked for a few minutes, add milk slowly, stirring constantly until all milk is incorporated.Stir occasionally during cooking to prevent sticking. Once béchamel is at proper consistency, season to taste and set aside.
- Sweat sliced garlic and red pepper in clarified butter. Add spinach. Season, drain, and add to roux.
- For breadcrumb topping, render bacon until almost crispy. Add celery, onion, pepper, garlic, ½ pound of butter, and sweat.Add remainder of butter and let brown. Then add panko, stirring gently over medium heat to lightly toast.
- Once toasted add cheddar until combined.Finish with green onion, and Worcestershire.Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spoon creamed spinach mixture on top of each oyster and spoon breadcrumb mixture on top of spinach. Bake until golden brown.