1. Thoroughly rinse chicken livers, then marinate in salt, curing salt, nutmeg, and spirit for about 30 minutes. Do not rinse livers.
2. Gently melt butter. Bring half & half to a gentle simmer, remove from heat, add vegetables, and steep for 20 minutes. Strain liquid.
3. Puree livers in a food processor until smooth, then add egg. Alternate butter and cream to keep emulsified.
4. Pour into large shallow container and tap on solid surface and let rest until the bubbles and air have settled.
5. Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Portion 2 ounces of mousse into 4-ounce mason jars. Place filled mason jars, with lids on, in a large pan with enough water in the base of large pan to fill just up to the halfway edge of the mason jars. Cook covered for 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 125 degrees.
6. Allow to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before transferring to refrigerator. Chill 1 hour, then top with sorghum gelee. Will keep for 4 to 5 days once gelee has been added.