- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss all vegetables except peas with oil in large bowl. Pour onto sheet pan and place in oven. Roast for about 10 to 12 minutes until tender. Remove from oven and let rest on baking sheet.
- Season chicken well with salt and pepper, then place in oven and bake until juices run clear, about 45 minutes to one hour depending on size of chicken. Remove from oven and let rest for at least 20 minutes. Chicken can be served whole, diced, or sliced depending on preference.
Cut puff pastry into triangles and bake according to directions on package. Set aside until ready to eat.
- To serve, combine roasted root vegetables and peas with veloute. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place mixture on bottom of serving dish and top with chicken. Add puff pastry to plate and serve immediately Enjoy.
For Chicken Stock
- Remove all useable meat from chicken, reserving for later. Place bones in stock pot, and add enough cold water to cover bones. Then add onion, celery, carrots, and thyme.
- Place over medium heat and bring to boil then quickly reduce to simmer. Cook for at least 2 hours.
- Strain stock and chill over ice bath until cold. Cover and store in sealed container in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Pour chicken stock into large pot over medium heat and reduce by half. Whisk heavy cream into stock and bring to simmer.
- To make rous, mix flour with oil, and cook for about 5 minutes over low heat. Slowly add to chicken stock and cream mixture while whisking. Add a little at a time to reach desired consistency, and then continue to cook for additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, cayenne and fresh thyme.