1¾ cups of brown sugar
½ cup of sugar
1 cup of butter
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1¾ cups water
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons salt
1¾ cups chocolate chips
2 cups cocoa powder
- Add brown sugar, sugar, and butter to bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment. Cream until pale, and then add vanilla extract and water.
- Beat to maximum volume then add flour, salt, and chocolate chips, and beat again to maximum volume.
- Divide dough in half, and then freeze 4 hours or overnight. Then scoop dough into little balls and roll in cocoa powder.
- Store truffles in freezer until ready to eat. Enjoy!
- From Pastry Chef Micki Kimberly of Restaurant Eugene in Atlanta, Georgia