Makes 16 servings
¾ cup flour
⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
¼ cup cornstarch
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon lemon zest
1 stick unsalted butter
1½ cups sugar
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
6 tablespoons flour
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
For the crust:
For the filling:
- Preheat oven to 335 degrees.
- In food processor, pulse flour with confectioner’s sugar, cornstarch, salt, and zest. Add butter, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Line bottom of 9-inch square pan with parchment paper. Press dough into bottom of pan, and then refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Bake until crust is lightly browned, approximately 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Reduce temperature to 325 degrees.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs with sugar in medium bowl. Add lemon juice, zest, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour filling over hot crust, and bake until filling sets, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and cool to room temperature. Place in refrigerator and chill for about an hour before cutting. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.
From Redux: Lemon Bars.
- From Dolester Miles of Highlands Bar and Grill, Birmingham, Alabama