12 cups French Bread cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups milk
¼ cup Coco Lopez cream of coconut
1 cup sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup coconut flakes
3 large eggs
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Place the cut bread into a large bowl.
- In a medium heavy bottom saucepot, combine the cream, milk, cream of coconut, sugar, brown sugar, and coconut flakes. Heat, stirring to dissolve the sugars until the mixture is hot to the touch.
- Place eggs in a medium size bowl and whisk smooth. Pour in eggs with hot milk mixture until completely combined.
- Pour milk mixture over the bread and stir until the bread is completely soaked.
- Grease large (6-8 oz) muffin pans and fill with bread pudding.
- Bake in preheated oven until puffed and golden brown, about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from muffin pans and serve warm with caramel sauce.
- from Heidi Trull of Grits & Groceries in Belton, S.C.